We understand human talent as the beginning and the source of competitiveness. It is a fundamental pillar of our strategy, together with culture and knowledge, that allows us to create a powerful differentiation to compete in the markets where we are present.
Human talent and culture
Lines of work
Our management of human talent is based on four main lines of work: Attraction and commitment, Design and compensation, Organizational development and Health and safety at work.
We complement our strategy, monitoring trends and signals to which we must be attentive, to contribute to the development of our Talent in aspects such as: Integral leadership, Universal learning, Employer brand, flexible organizations and development of organizational capacities.
We monitor multiple indicators around the management of human talent, with the aim of detecting opportunities and promoting initiatives aimed at the attraction, development, care and loyalty of employees.
Our objective is to improve the results annually, taking care that at least the same result as the previous year is obtained, in indicators such as absenteeism and turnover, for example. Measurements of engagement are made annually, having last year a score of 82.45, placing us at an outstanding level.
|Employee Engagement||Unit||Fy 2015||Fy 2016||Fy 2017||Fy 2018||What was your target for FY 2018?|
|Employee Engagement||% of actively engaged employees||51.9||83.11||83.11||82.45||83.11|
|Data Coverage||% of total employees||54.1||99.73||99.73||87.16|
Some of indicators for our employees are:
• Women in the workforce: 63.2%
• Women in management positions: 49.8%
• Women in high management: 25.5%
• Women in middle management: 65.4%
• Women in junior management: 52.9%
• Women in management positions in revenue-producing areas: 33%
• Unionized employees: 5.597 individuals (representing 19.15% of the employees in the Business Group).
• Disabled employees: 56 individuals.
Table of employees in the business group 2018
|Total||Suramericana (Seguros SURA)||SURA Asset Management||Grupo SURA|
|Fixed term collaborators||6.9%||11.9%||5.0%||12.9%||10.9%||9.5%||1.4%||1.3%|
|Indefinite term collaborators||90.4%||85.7%||92.0%||84.2%||87.1%||89.0%||95.8%||94.9%|
|Collaborators with another type of contract||2.7%||2.5%||3.0%||2.9%||2.0%||1.6%||2.8%||3.8%|
Growth of collaborators of our company in 2018.
See more indices in the Annual Report 2018
Consult all the Human Talent and Culture indices in detail, starting with chapter 4 of our Annual Report.
As a multi-Latin group, we have cultural diversity among our employees and this gives us the opportunity to strengthen our organizational practices. Our business group includes people from 31 nations (19 Latin American countries), and others such as Germany, Australia, England Spain, the Netherlands, the United States, South Africa, and Zaire.
of the company's employees are of Latin American origin.
Programs and activities the talent of our employees
We invest in the talent of our leaders at every level, implementing programs and activities that improve their self-knowledge, develop competencies, and strengthen their teams. Therefore, our executive teams have at least one training activity per year, guaranteeing the necessary preparation to take on future challenges.
of hired collaborators are between 26 and 35 years old.
USD 6.3 MM
have been invested in training and development programs.
Health & Safety
Policies that contribute to the well-being and development
We implement policies that contribute to the well-being and development of each of our employees. This is the result of integrating physical, emotional, mental, and financial health by taking up healthy and sustainable lifestyles that go beyond work, family, and society.
- Flexible work hours: aware that there are different interests and preferences, the Company has a flexible time system for those employees whose responsibilities are not assistance or direct contact with clients, The employee can define in different schedules, the time distribution without affecting the number of working hours.
- Time bank: different strategies such as working an extra hour for 4 days, to enjoy half-day on Friday, twice a month; have half day off for the personal enjoyment of employees on their birthday and having a shorter day on Fridays, are some of the benefit that can be found along Grupo SURA´s different companies.
- Telecommuting: teleworking and flexoffice are available in Grupo SURA´s different companies. The first option, arragements are made so the employee can work from home and, in the second one, the employee has the possibility to choose a different place to perform his/her duties.
- Extended paternity /maternity leave: aware that the first months of a child’s life are important for both the baby and their parents, the Business Group offers the benefit of adding paid days to legal maternity/patenity leave.
- Breastfeeding protection: Women have the possibility, after completing their legal maternity leave, to enjoy half a day of teleworking for 2 months, seeking to protect breastfeeding and facilitate the care of infants in their first months of life.
- Counseling for employees and their families.
- Risk analysis, and programs for managing and preventing occupational health and safety risks.
- Representation of 100% of our workers and our affiliates in occupational health and safety committees (COPASST).
- Training programs on stress management, healthy work environments, occupational risk, sports and recreation, nutrition, and ergonomics.
of our employees have received training on occupational health and safety.
Employee turnover indicates the variation in the number of employees of a company. This rate represents the number of employees that leaves the Company regardless of the reason compared to the average number of active employees for the period. This is further broken down to show the number of employees in administrative positions as well as the number of internal and external customer care personnel.
|Total employee turnover rate||12.9||11.8||12.78||10.8|
|Voluntary employee turnover rate||7.6||7.6||7.49||6.4|
The rotation index (IR) is calculated as follows: IR = [number of employees removed from the company for any reason in the period] / average number of active employees in the period
In order to have comparability with previous years the turnover rate is calculated without the comercial force, which is 10.8. The turnover rate including the commercial force is 17 as it is shown in the annual report.
Target: For the company, it is very important to keep the turnover rate within a healthy minimum and not exceed the annual turnover % from the previous year.
The calculation of the absentee rate will reflect, in a percentage way, how long workers have been absent from their jobs in relation to the time they were expected to be. It also allows us to evaluate the effectiveness of our health and safety programs.
Absentee rate 2018: 1.40%
Target: The objective of the company is not to exceed the percentage of the absentee rate of the previous year.
Work with us
If you feel identified with our principles and the philosophy of our Company, we invite you to be a candidate to integrate the team of collaborators of our company.