SURA launches its first collaborative insurance solution in Colombia

​ WeSURA is a new insurance product based on trust that family members and friends can use to protect, on a group or community level and for 365 days, all those goods and personal property that they hold dear. This insurance solution covers the theft, loss or total damage sustained to goods such as bicycles, cell phones, tablets, cameras and laptops. In the short time since it was first launched, WeSURA has gained more than 3,600 registered users, more than 217 communities and 71 thousand on-line visits. Colombia is pioneering this new model of insurance in Latin America the purpose of which is to extend what is commonly known as the sharing or collaborative economy. ​Bogota, June 22, 2016. In order to provide support and ensure a better quality of life for its clients based on a comprehensive handling of risk, WeSURA was launched as a new collaborative insurance solution based on trust with which SURA is expanding its personal property coverage. WeSURA offers its users the opportunity to connect up with other family members and their friends within the community, through an on-line portal, for the purpose of protecting their personal property such as bicycles, cell phones, tablets, laptops and cameras. Through this new platform, the Company is attempting to reach out to new segments of the population with its insurance solutions while building trust-based relationships based on community consumption . In just two months, this platform has gained over 3,600 users and  created more than 217 communities. According to Jorge Gomez Vasquez , Manager of WeSURA  "in SURA, we protect against both traditional and emerging risks, the latter arising from the new lifestyle changes and consumer conditions, most specifically with regard to the new digital age. We have therefore taken advantage of this opportunity to innovate in the form of new solutions and new distribution channels." Besides being a tool that is not only easy to use but also provides a 365 day coverage, WeSURA provides an opportunity to recover some of the money invested in this insurance product, should any member of the insured group or network file a claim during said period. Furthermore, as more friends and family members joined the insured group more benefits are to be had. This new insurance model has already been deployed in countries such as the UK, but is only now making its debut in Colombia and Latin America, thus providing an alternative solution and a new opportunity for economic development for the country at large. About Suramericana With over 70 years of experience, Suramericana S.A. is the leading insurance and risk management company in Colombia and Central America, with a total of 10 million clients. It recently signed an agreement to acquire RSA´s operations in Latin America, through which it shall obtain another 5.6 million clients in Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and Colombia. This Company, whose shareholders are Grupo SURA (with a 81.1% stake) and the German reinsurance firm, Munich Re (with the remaining 18.9%) provides its clients with the SURA brand of property and casualty, life as well as workers´ compensation insurance in addition to mandatory and complementary health plans, among others.