Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. (Grupo SURA) hereby announces that today a notice was published in the El Tiempo and El Colombiano newspapers, reminding the Company’s General Assembly of Shareholders of an upcoming Extraordinary Meeting to be held tomorrow, November 22, 2022.
The aforementioned notice reads as follows:
CALL FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY SHAREHOLDERS MEETING TO BE HELD IN NOVEMBER 2023
Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. (Grupo SURA) hereby gives notice of an Extraordinary Meeting of its General Assembly of Shareholders which shall take place as follows:
Date: November 24, 2023
Time: 8:00 a.m.
Venue: Suramericana Auditorium, Carrera 64 B No. 49 A – 30, in Medellín
Manner for holding this meeting: In person
The meeting’s agenda shall be as follows:
1) Verification of the quorum.
2) Reading out the meeting's agenda..
3) Appointing a commission for reviewing, approving and signing the minutes of this meeting..
4) Obtaining authorization to change the allocation of reserves and to add the share repurchase reserve.
5) Obtaining authorization for repurchasing Company shares as part of Grupo Nutresa Share Swap, within the framework of the transactions contained in the Agreement signed on June 15, 2023, as previously announced to the market.
6) Obtaining authorization to use, without being subject to any preemptive rights, repurchased shares for any of the purposes indicated in Article 417 of the Colombian Code of Commerce with the exception of Section 5, including those that are necessary within the framework of the transactions contained in the June 15, 2023 Agreement.
The implementation of Items 5 and 6 on the agenda, if approved by the Shareholders at this meeting, is subject to obtaining the pertinent regulatory authorizations.
All those shareholders who are unable to attend this meeting in person may be represented by providing a duly completed power of attorney. Pursuant to Article 185 of the Colombian Code of Commerce, except in cases of legal representation, the Company's directors and employees may not represent shares other than their own at this shareholders meeting while they are in office, nor may they substitute the powers of attorney granted to them.
These proposals, as well as all the information relating to this Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting, have been published on the Company's website and can be found by clicking on the following link: https://www.gruposura.com/en/shares/shareholders-assembly/
GONZALO ALBERTO PÉREZ ROJAS
Chief Executive Officer