Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. hereby announces that yesterday a notice was published in the El Tiempo and El Colombiano newspapers, calling for the Annual Ordinary Meeting of the Company’s General Assembly of Shareholders, to be held on March 25, 2022
NOTICE OF ANNUAL SHAREHOLDERS´ MEETING - 2022
Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. (Grupo SURA) hereby gives notice of the Annual Ordinary Meeting of its General Assembly of Shareholders which shall take place on and at the following date, time and place:
Date: Friday March 25, 2022
Time: 10:00 am
Venue: Plaza Mayor - Calle 41 No. 55 - 80, in the city of Medellin
Manner for holding this meeting: In person
The meeting’s agenda shall be as follows:
- Verification of the quorum.
- Reading out the meeting´s agenda.
- Appointing a commission in charge of approving and signing the minutes of this meeting.
- Presenting the Management Report from the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
- Presenting the separate and consolidated financial statements for 2021
- Presenting the Statutory Auditor Reports.
- Approving the Management Report from the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
- Approving the separate and consolidated financial statements for 2021
- Presenting and approving the proposed distribution of dividends, setting up the Company’s reserves and allocating funds for social outreach programs.
- Amending the Company’s Articles of Association
- Appointing the members of the Company’s Board of Directors
- Appointing the Company´s Statutory Auditor
- Setting the fees to be paid to the members of the Board of Directors
- Setting the fees to be paid to the Statutory Auditor
So that the Shareholders may exercise their right to inspect all those documents and records stipulated by current legislation, these shall be made available to them as of March 2, 2022 at the Company Secretary´s Offices at the following address: Edificio One Plaza Business Center, Carrera 43A # 5A – 113, 13th Floor, in Medellín from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm.. In this case, an appointment must be previously coordinated by email using the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com..
Furthermore, shareholders may consult on-line, during the aforementioned term, all those proposals that Senior Management shall submit for their consideration, as well as the Annual Corporate Governance Report, that shall be made available on the Group´s website: www.gruposura.com Also, and in accordance with the Board of Director Appointments, Remuneration and Succession Policy, shareholders may present their proposed candidates at the aforementioned Company Secretary’s Offices within five (5) calendar days as of the date on which this notice is published so that the corresponding profiles may be appraised by the Appointments and Remuneration Committee.
All those shareholders who are unable to attend this meeting in person may be represented by providing a duly completed power of attorney. Pursuant to Article 185 of the Colombian Code of Commerce, except in cases of legal representation, the Company's directors and employees may not represent shares other than their own at the meeting while they are in office, nor may they substitute the powers of attorney granted to them.
In accordance with the measures laid out in Decree 1615 of 2021 issued by the Colombian Ministry of the Interior, those attending this Annual Ordinary Meeting must present their digital vaccination card or physical certificate, which shall show, at least, that they have begun their vaccination schedule with a minimum of two doses. Likewise, the maximum capacity allowed into the venue shall be determined by all applicable regulations.
GONZALO ALBERTO PÉREZ ROJAS
Chief Executive Officer