Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. hereby announces that its Board of Directors authorized the following instructions to be given to the Company’s legal representatives, senior executives and officers, aimed at ensuring that shareholders may effectively participate and exercise their voting rights at their upcoming Annual Shareholders´ Meeting.
The Company’s legal representatives, senior executives and other officers must abstain from the following:
1. Encouraging, suggesting or providing incentives for shareholders to grant powers of attorney where the name of the representative appointed to attend the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting is not clearly stated.
2. Receiving powers of attorneys from shareholders where the name of the representative appointed to attend the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting is not clearly stated
3. Accepting as valid powers of attorney from shareholders that do not comply with that laid out in Article 184 of the Colombian Code of Commerce for their respective representatives to attend the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting.
4. Recommending that shareholders vote for a certain list or in a specific list
5. Suggesting, liaising or agreeing with any shareholder or shareholder representative with a view to submitting proposals for shareholders to consider at the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting.
6. Suggesting, liaising or agreeing with any shareholder or shareholder representative with a view to voting for or against any proposal submitted for the consideration of the shareholders at the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting.
With respect to the prohibition stipulated in Circular 029 of 2014 regarding suggesting or determining the names of those who shall act as proxy-holders for the shareholders at the upcoming Shareholders’ Meeting and taking into account the prevailing situation given the COVID-19 pandemic, the Colombian Superintendency of Finance authorized Grupo SURA to suggest the names of all those persons who shall serve as proxy-holders for the shareholders at this meeting, provided that these powers of attorney are not granted to the Company´s senior executives and employees.
The Board of Directors hereby appoints the Company Secretary to verify full compliance with that herein stated, who shall notify the Board prior to the Annual Shareholders´ Meeting that these instructions were faithfully complied with, or suggest the measures required to remedy any shortcomings with regard to their enforcement.