- This recognition is in keeping with the Organization’s focus on sustainable growth and reflects the commitment of our subsidiaries, Suramericana and SURA Asset Management.
- This publication has become a benchmark for investors, who are placing more and more value on companies deploying the highest standards in environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) practices.
- The SURA Group is one of 28 Latin American companies to be included in this Yearbook out of a total of 4,710 organizations from 61 different industries who were invited to participate.
Medellín. January 30, 2020 With Grupo SURA having been included in the Dow Jones Global Sustainability Index (DJSI) since 2011, and SURA Asset Management (the Group’s expert player in the Latin American pension, saving, investment and asset management sectors) now having embraced this initiative, not forgetting Suramericana (the Group’s insurance and trend and risk management subsidiary) who has been developing solutions to encourage energy efficiency and sustainable mobility, are just some of the reasons why Grupo Sura is one of the 458 companies from a total of 33 countries that make up RobecoSAM’s Sustainability Yearbook 2020.
Grupo SURA obtained the third highest rating among the 18 organizations that were admitted from the Diversified Financial Services and Capital Markets sector, and continues this year as the only Latin American organization from this same industry. This ranking only goes to reinforce the confidence of international investors, who greatly appreciate our companies' commitment to the sustainability of their particular lines of business and the environment as a whole.
“Once again being admitted to the Sustainability Yearbook comes as an added incentive to continue working on strengthening our good corporate practices, using our experience and knowledge to enhance our business models all of which help to create greater levels of well-being and sustainable development for the Latin American people through each of SURA’s operations,” stated Tatyana Orozco, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer for Grupo SURA.
Here, and over the last few years, the SURA Business Group has left its mark on various fronts:
- Greater education and financial inclusion thanks to various initiatives deployed by SURA Asset Management and Seguros SURA.
- The progress made with incorporating environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria when evaluating investments for the portfolios held by the Group’s pension fund management firms and insurance companies, both proprietary and managed.
- SURA Asset Management and Seguros SURA have been recognized as "best places to work” by various outside Talent Management ratings agencies.
- An increase in social investment on the part of our Companies as well as the SURA Foundation, which is currently present in Colombia, Mexico and Chile
"We congratulate Grupo SURA for achieving a place in the 2020 Sustainability Yearbook, which tracks the top-performing companies based on their environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria. As it has constantly become more and more demanding, the Sustainability Yearbook remains a highly credible source of corporate sustainability information," commented Majit Jus, the Global Head of ESG Ratings and Research at RobecoSAM.
Finally, Grupo SURA's commitment to sustainability is substantiated by the fact that various companies, that make up its investment portfolio, being admitted to RobecoSAM's Sustainability Yearbook. Bancolombia from the banking sector was awarded a silver medal; Grupo Argos, from the construction materials sector and its subsidiary Cementos Argos both obtained gold medals while Grupo Nutresa was given a silver medal in the Food Category.