In compliance with our relevant information reporting obligations, Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. ("Grupo SURA") hereby announces to the market that:
- Today, November 30, 2023, Grupo SURA and Grupo Bolívar S.A. (directly and through Compañía de Seguros Bolívar S.A., "Grupo Bolivar"), entered into a share purchase agreement whereby Grupo SURA agreed to acquire 254,930 ordinary shares in SURA Asset Management S.A. ("SURA AM") 1,, a subsidiary of Grupo SURA, these currently owned by Grupo Bolivar (the "Agreement") and representing the equivalent of a 9.74% stake in SURA AM.
- The price to be paid for these shares is one trillion five hundred eighty-two thousand one hundred sixty-two million one hundred sixty-four thousand four hundred sixty-three Colombian pesos (COP 1,582,162,164,463).
- Grupo SURA hereby announces that this acquisition shall be paid in three (3) installments, the first one once this this Agreement is signed and the remaining two in May and November 2024. One third of this payment will be funded with extraordinary dividends paid by SURA AM and the remaining two-thirds with available resources and financing.
- The closing of this Agreement is subject to certain conditions precedent, including applicable regulatory approvals.
- The parties agreed to terminate the exit agreement that established different alternatives for divesting Grupo Bolivar's stake in SURA AM.
We would like to reiterate our gratitude to Grupo Bolivar for an alliance spanning more than 11 years. that has allowed us to grow and consolidate SURA AM as a leader in the savings and investment business throughout the region as well as a strategic company of the Grupo SURA Business Group, through which we have helped millions of people to attain their dreams and goals.
1Grupo SURA will directly acquire 191,198 ordinary shares of SURA AM owned by Grupo Bolivar and 63,731 shares owned by Seguros Bolivar. Indirectly, Grupo SURA, through its subsidiary Inversiones y Construcciones Estratégicas S.A.S., will acquire 1 common share owned by Seguros Bolívar.