ARL SURA continues actively engaged in reducing accidents caused by falls from a height

​​ ARL SURA has come up with another innovative concept, a new High-Risk Task micro-site called "Working at Height", which it has placed at the disposal of all its member companies. This micro-site offers a range​ of informative sections allowing companies to self-manage, in a hands-on manner, the guidelines recommended for meeting all that required by Resolution 1409 of 2012. Between 2015 and 2017, ARL SURA has managed to reduce the accident rate corresponding to Working at Height by a hefty 30% ​ Medellín. September 12, 2017 Wor​king at a Height represents critical risk factors for the work activities of the Colombian work force. For this reason, and so as to be able to protect the lives of our  workers and contribute to the country's sustainability and competitiveness, ARL SURA has introduced a special micro-site as part of its larger corporate website that provides companies with the guidelines they need to set up their own programs for preventing and protecting again​​st falls from a height, this consisting of different diagnostic tools, checklists, work permits, procedures and solutions that include a Personal Protection Equipment matrix, Fall Protection Systems, ascent and descent equipment, among others which within the framework of Resolution 1409 of 2012 and in a self-manageable way allow organizations to manage and prevent falls when working at a height.   "Like many of the solutions we offer to our member companies, it is important to mention the need for these to be embraced as a means of attaining the objectives of a comprehensive Work Risk and Trend Management system and not merely as a way of complying with current legislation; " stated Carlos Alberto Velásquez Castrillón, Director of Work Environment, Hygiene and Safety at ARL SURA. ARL SURA as part of its commitment to preserving the lives of our Colombian workers have put into place various strategies aimed at assisting and providing its technical advice to its member companies all of which have produced a 30% reduction in the accident rate corresponding to Working at Height between 2015 and 2017. The Company, in conjunction with its member companies, has also managed to lower this risk to a significant extent in the case of all those productive sectors which are most prone to this type of accident, including infrastructure and civil engineering construction, general services and outsourced temporary manpower.​ The main benefits offered by our High-Risk Task / Working at a Height micro-site include: Allowing companies to carry out their own initial diagnosis and conduct follow-ups on their overall compliance with regard to their own protection and prevention programs against falls from a height compared to their current status. Providing diagnostic and inspection tools such as task inventory lists, initial equipment inspections and maintenance records. This also includes a flow chart that guides users throughout the whole process of drawing up their own programs for preventing and protecting against falls from a height. Hands-on information is also provided to companies through several sections containing prevention and protection measures, thereby facilitating their application in compliance with Colombian legislation. Reference guides can also be downloaded, which in addition to providing technical information on access systems among others, contain general procedures for safely carrying out high-risk tasks, adopting safe practices, using personal protection equipment and the fall protection systems to be used in each case. About ARL SURA With over 20 years of experience in the field of occupational health and safety, ARL SURA has maintained its leadership as the No. 1 Workers Compensation Firm in the Colombian private sector. This company, a subs​idiary of Suramericana, provides a comprehensive handling of occupational risk thereby providing employers with peace of mind in guaranteeing a safe workplace, ensuring the well-being of workers and their families and helping companies and the country at large to become more sustainable.   About Suram​​e​ricana With more than 70 years of experience, Suramericana S.A. is a specialized insurance and risk/trend management company. It is a subsidiary of Grupo SURA, which holds an 81.1% stake, and also enjoys the backing of its other shareholder, the German reinsurer Munich Re, which holds the remaining stake of 18.9%. The Company offers the entire SURA brand of comprehensive solutions in the field of insurance as well as trend and risk management. Suramericana currently operates in a total of 9 Latin American countries (Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Panama, the Dominican Republic and El Salvador) serving a total of 17 million clients.