As previously announced, the Annual Ordinary Meeting of the General Assembly of Shareholders of Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. shall be held on March 26, 2021 at 10:00 am.
Given the prevailing public health situation as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, and in order to protect our shareholders, the Colombian Superintendency of Finance gave its approval to holding this meeting in person but with limited participation. Consequently, only proxy holders*, a limited number of senior executives that must participate, the Company’s Statutory Auditor, as well as the providers of the streaming service shall be admitted to this meeting.
In order for shareholders to exercise their voting rights, they must grant a proxy containing their voting instructions to any one of the following proxy holders they may choose: Maximiliano Londoño Arango, Daniel Arango Perfetti and Guillermo Villegas Ortega. It should be noted that these suggested proxy-holders are neither employees nor senior executives of Grupo Sura.
The meeting’s agenda shall be as follows:
1. Verification of the quorum.
2. Reading out and approving the meeting´s agenda.
3. Appointing a commission in charge of ballot-counting as well as approving and signing the minutes of this meeting.
4. Presenting the Management Report from the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
5. Presenting the Separate and Consolidated Financial Statements corresponding to fiscal year 2020
6. Statutory Auditor Reports.
7. Approving the Management Report from the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
8. Approving the Separate and Consolidated Financial Statements corresponding to fiscal year 2020
9. Presenting and approving the proposed distribution of profits, the setting up of the Company’s reserves and the funds to be allocated for social outreach programs.
10. Setting the fees to be paid to the members of the Board of Directors
11. Setting the fees to be paid to the Statutory Auditor
In order for Shareholders to be able to exercise their right of inspection, all documents provided by law; the proposals to be submitted for the consideration of the Shareholders; and the Annual Corporate Governance Report, shall be made available as of March 3, 2021 at the Company Secretary’s Offices, located in Carrera 43 A No. 5 A - 113 Piso 13, Edificio One Plaza Business Center in Medellín, this by appointment only; as well as on the Company's website www.groupsura.com
Pursuant to Article 185 of the Colombian Code of Commerce, and except in the cases of legal representation, the Company's senior executives and employees may not represent shares other than their own at the Shareholders’ meeting, while they are serving in said positions, nor may they substitute the proxies granted to them.
All those shareholders who send in their respective power of attorney shall receive at the postal address they indicate in Colombia, a copy of our Annual Report as well as a small corporate gift.
* The measures to be followed upon holding this Shareholders’ Meeting, including the exercise of the shareholders' voting rights through proxies, as suggested by the Company, were previously submitted for the consideration of the Colombian Superintendency of Finance and were expressly approved by said entity.