Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana S.A. (“Grupo SURA”) hereby announces that, at a meeting held today, its Board of Directors authorized the following instructions to be given to the Company’s legal representatives, senior executives and officers, aimed at ensuring that shareholders may effectively participate and exercise their voting rights at their upcoming Extraordinary Meeting to be held at 8.00 a.m. on June 22, 2023, this in accordance with that provided in sub-section1.2.9. of Chapter VI of Heading I of Part III of the Basic Legal Circular:
For this purpose, the Company’s legal representatives, senior executives and other officers must abstain from the following:
- Encouraging, suggesting or providing incentives for shareholders to grant powers of attorney where the name of the representative appointed to attend the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting is not clearly stated.
- Receiving powers of attorneys from shareholders where the name of the representative appointed to attend the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting is not clearly stated
- Accepting as valid powers of attorney from shareholders that do not comply with that laid out in Article 184 of the Code of Commerce for their respective representatives to attend this Extraordinary Shareholder´s Meeting.
- Suggest or decide upon the name of possible candidates acting in representation of the shareholders at the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting.
- Recommending that shareholders vote for a certain list or in a specific list
- Suggesting, liaising or agreeing with any shareholder or shareholder representative with a view to submitting proposals for shareholders to consider at the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting.
- Suggesting, liaising or agreeing with any shareholder or shareholder representative with a view to voting for or against any proposal submitted for the consideration of the shareholders at the Annual Shareholder´s Meeting.
The Board of Directors hereby appoints the Company’s CEO to verify full compliance with that herein stated, who shall notify the Board prior to the Extraordinary Shareholders´ Meeting that these instructions were faithfully complied with, or suggest the measures required to remedy any shortcomings detected with regard to their enforcement.